.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

New Blogs

I created three new blogs today!! "Why?" you ask? Well! Lemme tell ya!

The first is for work. I've been mentioning this to my boss over the past several months - that we should have a Blog for the Engineering community we serve - where we can post the technical articles that we publish and where we can recieve and respond to engineering questions.

Ric (my boss) is not all that familiar with Blogs, so hasn't really given me the go-ahead on it. Today, I took the initiative. I knew we were headed that way and I really felt that if he could SEE it, he'd like the idea. Plus, I realized there was a possibility that any reasonable name we might choose for the blog's web address might be taken if we didn't act soon. So I put one together.

I was glad I made this decision because I went through quite a variety of reasonable combinations of our company name and the word "engineer" before I came up with one that was good and not taken!! I made sure the site was as unavailable to the general public as possible, tossed in our most recent tech article, and sent my boss a note about what I'd done - including a link to the site.

Immediately after he saw it, he sent it off to our Manager of Engineering Services and our Exec. V.P. with the phrase "I think this is a great idea" and asked for their opinions :-) *happy dance* :-).
The VP says it's a go and the MES will look at it tonight. I'm sure he'll agree it's a good communication tool and want to run with it :-)

The second & third blogs are for my brother's sons - Benjamin & Jonathan. Since I don't live close enough to develop a personal strong bond with them, I wanted to record for them how I view their growing up and things I would say/do if I were there and other words of encouragement and instruction as they grow up. Someday they'll be able to read them. . . . Of course, if I keep up with it, they'll have a novel to read before they're in kindergarten! :-)

I thought about putting blogs up for my other nephews and my niece. I may - but they're old enough by now that we can chat on the phone and they can read *this* blog for words of encouragement & instruction. I also thought about doing this for my grand-nephews & nieces - but that side of the family is so estranged that I don't even know all the names - much less ages or anything else about them. I love them because they're family, but their families haven't worked to keep me close to the kids like Benjamin & Jonathan's parents have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home