.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Holiday Weekend

My, it's been a busy weekend! Especially when I consider the fact that I started out with no concrete plans whatsoever!

Saturday morning was Worship Team practice - it's always a blessing to sing praises :-) Then home for a quick bite of lunch and some internet work. Left a little after 3 to meet some friendsfor lunch at my favorite place, Baja Fresh (http://www.bajafresh.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=14&iMainCat=4&iSubCat=14&i3Cat=14) then a movie. Konrad & his lovely wife Carol went to see Herbie while Mark, Casey and I went to see Mr. & Mrs. Smith - Great Flick!! Laughed a Lot!

When meeting up with my friends, my long-time buddy Mark had a surprise for me . . . (such a geek!) ;-) He'd had his hair cut into a MOHAWK! Oh - if ONLY I'd had a camera!!! Something I never thought I'd see (out in public anyway) was Mark in a Mohawk - and there he was, in full 3-D. I about died of shock :-) It made for a lot more laughter throughout the night :-)

After the movie we all hit the hot tub where we met a very nice couple - Ruth & Tom. Really neat folks - laughed a lot there too :-) When we were sufficiently wrinkled, we went in for a few hands of Killer UNO (not to be confused with the regular boring UNO). By 10 we had to call it quits so we could get up for church in the a.m. :-)

See my post "Humbled" http://eowynsheart.blogspot.com/2005/07/humbled.html for how Sunday morning went :-) That afternoon I met up with the same folks from Saturday's fun - for dinner & movie again :-) (hey! It's a holiday - we're supposed to have fun and spend $$!) :-) This time Mark went to Herbie while Casey and I went to War of the Worlds. WOW! What an amazing movie!!! They did a totally awesome job on that flick!!!! WILL see it again! Probably several times. Super intense - great writing, cool effects, superb acting - it was the best I'd seen in a very long time!!

Afterwards we went back to Marks place and he helped me find some cool things to incorporate into my BLog (will work on that more today), then Konrad & Carol showed up and we went to Cold Stone for dessert <> I had Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip in a Chocolate dipped waffle bowl - Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

We headed back to Marks and played UNO till almost 1 in the morning. By then we were all so tired we were laughing at everything - it was a really great time of fellowship and fun. Unfortunately, I was so tired I totally forgot to snag the remainder of my ice cream from Mark's freezer :-(

No set plans for this afternoon. Haven't been home all weekend so will probably spend some time on the BLog, listen to some sermons, read more in my John Piper book "Don't Waste Your Life" - but for now . . .
Well . . . I guess I'd better go do the dishes that haven't been done since last Saturday ;-P

Happy 4th :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Baker said...

It's been a great weekend, hasn't it?

And you left your ice cream in my freezer.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Eowyn7 said...

yeah - I realized that this morning. REALLY bummed about that!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home