.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Supposing Severus . . .

Wow! I can't believe it's been over a month since I sat down to write. This one will be brief as I have other obligations this evening, but I'll catch up later this week.

For now - I wanted to share a Harry Potter theory that popped into my head as I was doing dishes this evening . . .

The caveat is that this is a fresh idea and I have not the slightest clue as to whether it's even possible.

What if Severus Snape were an unwilling horcrux for Voldemort? We know horcruxes can be living - though I'm not sure if they have to be willing or just how much power the piece of the soul would have over the occupant. The were some indications in Sorcerer's Stone that the individuals will is still somewhat their own.

What if Snape went to warn the Potters that Voldemort had found out about them. What if, for whatever reason, he arrived only in time to see Voldemort nearly destroyed by the backfiring curse that gave Harry his fame. What if, in his last moments, Voldemort saw Severus and split part of his soul into him?

Severus does have the ability to block his thoughts from others - evidently with a fair amount of ease - perhaps that skill is constantly being honed as he is on guard against the evil within?

This would most certainly answer the reason for Snapes hatred of Harry - in a way, Harry's to blame.

It's a thought. Maybe a foolish one, but there you have it :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home