Why do wives feel their husbands have to meet their needs? Wasn't it the woman who was created to be the "help" mate? Now, I'm not a wife so I'm not speaking from experience - though I don't think experience is the deciding factor in this matter. Seems to me the Scripture is pretty clear. Wives are to consider their husband more important than themselves - Phil. 2:3; submit to their husbands - Eph. 5:22; and excercise true agape love in their relationship - which happens to include suffering long, being kind, not seeking her own way, bearing all things, and more - I Cor. 13.
Yeah, there are Scriptures directing the husband to love his wife and live with her in an understanding manner and be the leader and so on, but if you're a wife, that's none of your business. That's God's business. Your responsibility is to do YOUR part - not to "encourage" him to do his part.
In general, seems to me, most wives ought to shut up and love more and expect less. Probably would result in happier, more responsive husbands. . . . just a thought . . .
Poland - Short Term Missions . . . . my next vacation???? Worth considering . . .
Our spiritual leaders deserve a LOT more respect than we give them. 1 Thess. 5:12-13, "But we request of you, bretheren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work..." Notes on this passage:
1. Paul doesn't give the leaders noted in this passage a title - indicating the work is more important than the title.
2. "diligently labor" - the greeek infers "work to exhaustion" Anyone who knows someone in ministry knows this is so very true.
3. "among you" - infers involved leadership, not detached.
4. "have charge over you in the Lord" - These are not self-appointed leaders, but those God has called to ministry.
5. "give you instruction" - to direct/correct/change the flock to holy living.
6. "esteem them" = obey them
7. "very highly" = exceedingly; superabundantly; overflowing
8. "in love" = "agape" - it's not a matter of personal liking, it's unconditional love; also indicates cultivating an intimate relationship with knowledge that leads to esteemed recognition.
How well do you know your spiritual leaders? How do you show your "high esteem" and appreciation of them?
That's all for now :-)