.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mish-mash

Things that bug me:

When I'm driving down the freeway, going the speedlimit, in the farthest right lane possible without having to hit my brakes for someone going slower than me - and with TWO open lanes to the right of me - and the guy behind me keeps tailgating, then backing off a little, then tailgating again - like he thinks I should be going faster. I just wanna yell "Go around, moron!!" But that wouldn't be polite, now would it :-)

When I'm listening to a radio program and the talk-show host invites folks with opposing opinions to call in and express their views - promising to be fair and hear them out - then, if they're not quick enough with something that will spark a debate, he hangs up on them!! Just as bad is when someone of some intelligence on the other side of the issue calls in and presents a reasonable, well-thought out perspective and the host doesn't even acknowledge that the guy had a point - even if it's a point reached by reasoning we (the host & I) totally disagree with! It especially bugs me when the host is someone who's opinions I agree with and who's reason I normally admire - like Frank Pastori.

The fly that's crawling on the INSIDE of the window screen in my apartment. (I don't have a fly-swatter). ohhh, he just did a fly-by! erghhh


Things that I cherish:

Time in the Word. More than ever these days I look forward to my mornings - I really don't want to face the day without at least a couple of minutes in prayer and reading a Psalm.

Time with friends. God has generously granted me friendships with some of the most amazing people! Mark, Konrad & Carol, Neil, Josh & Bonnie, David & Lela - just to name a few. My cup runneth over!

Rest. Mostly cuz I just don't get enough these days ;-P

My family. I have the greatest mom & dad. My brother is walking with the Lord and raising his two precious sons to do the same - and he married an amazing young lady who teaches her boys to smile :-) My sister means more to me than she understands - my heart yearns for her to know the relationship with Christ that I have. The same can be said of her husband and 4 children and various grandchildren. I pray often for their full and complete surrender to the Lordship of Christ.

Good books. Apart from the Bible, I'm enjoying some really wonderful texts. Just finishing up Today's Gospel: Authentic or Synthetic - might finish it tonight :-)

Beautiful Music. Classical music just speaks to the sould differently than any other. Been listening to Bach lately - really relaxes & calms :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home