.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

The Winds of Life

 As I sit at my work desk looking out my home office window at the wind whipping wildly through the half bare tree outside, I am struck by the power and beauty of it.  So, I'm taking a moment out of my work day to share these thoughts.

The wind whipping through the trees is like the challenges we face in life - sometimes minor, gently blowing through our branches; sometimes heavy & harsh, ripping leaves off and bending us to the point of breaking.  Seasons of life bring different winds - some healing, some pruning, some refreshing, some painful - all from our Loving Heavenly Father with a GOOD purpose for our lives.

Watching the tree this morning, I think... if only the tree would release the leaves, the wind would blow much more easily through it's branches and it would not have to fight so hard, bend so far.  It is the season for the leaves to fall but, like me, the tree wants to hang on to the leaves that have been a part of it for so long.  At the same time, if the leaves do not fall, new leaves cannot grow in their place in the spring - so the leaves MUST fall - and the sooner the tree lets them go, the sooner it will be able to endure the winds with much less effort.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home