.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Three Cheers for NARNIA!

A great big KUDOS and THANK YOU to: Director, Andrew Adamson; Producers Mark Johnson, Cary Granat, Perry Moore, Douglas Gresham, and Joel Stillerman; and Writers Ann Peacock, Andrew Adamson, Christopher Markus, and Stephen McFeely!

I've been in love with this story from childhood and was really afraid they'd slaughter a big screen production of it - but I was happily and overwhelmingly surprised by the absolutely amazing job they did! The cinematography, CGI, costuming, acting, and everything else that goes into making a movie, were done to excellence. Better yet, they really stuck to the story!! Much of it was practically word-for-word with the dialogue in the book.


And best of all, the person of Christ - His love, sacrifice, majesty, and power were beautifully portrayed in Aslan! The gospel was so clearly presented to "he who has ears to hear" and eyes to see.

Needless to say, I highly recommend it. I'm definitely going again. OH, and, don't forget the kleenex . . . you're gonna need it ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home