.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Life Lessons

So, the original intent of this BLog was to glorify God in proclaiming His work in my personal life. Busy-ness and distraction has resulted in some straying from that goal so it's time I got back to it.

I'm supposed to be at a women's fellowship meeting tonight. I fully intended to attend. I had one little task that I really needed to get done before heading off and figured that the 1/2 hour I had at home before the meeting started would be amply sufficient. I was wrong. So the meeting started 40 minutes ago and I'm just grabbing a bite of dinner. Clam Chowder :-) It was a ministry related task and the information I was working with was time-sensitive. I could have set it aside for this meeting, but I really felt it was important to get completed.

In part, I'm disappointed that I'm missing this meeting. I wanted to hear tonights speaker - she's in my shepherding group and she sits at my table for this women's fellowship group. I was very interested to hear what she would say - I think we are probably like-minded on many issues but we never have time to just sit and talk. Also, I kinda feel like I'm letting my table leader down. This group only meets once a month and I missed last month due to a sore throat.

On the other hand - my week is packed and having this time to BLog is a real blessing. So I am grateful that the Lord is the One who arranged my schedule this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home