.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Psalm 100:5

I spent some time this morning in Psalm 100 and meditated on the first part of verse 5, "For the Lord is good".

Recently I've come to realize that the reason I keep myself so busy (I've always got too many irons in the fire) is a gripping fear that, if I slow down, stop, and think, I will find only emptiness. This is a crippling fear and results from a deadly deception of my untrained heart.

In Psalm 5 I was reminded of the truth - that the Lord I serve is GOOD. Therefore I can trust Him and, if I will slow down, stop, and think, when the emptiness comes, I will find Him waiting in the void.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home