.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Humble Pie

For the first time ever, I've had to ask my Landlord to hold my rent check. I'll have to replace my tire and it's likely to be expensive. Since I haven't built back up my savings after Christmas & two visits from family members that involved some unexpected expenses, it has to come out of the regular budget - and there's very little room for it.

If I hadn't just been grocery shopping, I'd have simply skimped there, but it happened right after I finished shopping. So, after smilingly turning in my rent check this morning (not technically due till the 1st - and I'm never late), I had to ask tonight if they'd hold it till the 5th so my next check can fill in the difference between the rent and the cost of the tire :-(

Fortunately they have a "not overdue till after the 5th of the month" policy on rent payments - so I still won't be "late" by anyone's standards but my own - but I was feeling so good about always having my rent paid by the 1st.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eowyn7 said...

Yup, $108 in repairs!!! I'm so glad I have a God who knew this was coming and prepared the path to provide for it!! :-)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home