.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Material Affections

I'm suffering from mixed feelings tonight. On the one hand, I know I did the practical, necessary, right thing. On the other - I feel like I've lost a little part of me.

Since before I was born (a little over 40 years ago), a beautiful loveseat rocker has been a part of our family. It's only furniture - but whenever I sat in it, I knew I was "home". It's a sign of the times, I suppose. It's still in good shape, but it's beginning to show it's age. It still had all original parts - wood, upholstery, everything. The wood base will soon need replacing as the wood is splitting and the upholstery needs to be redone. It held everything from my mom as she nursed an infant me to the German Shepherd dog who decided it was the most comfy bed in the house.

Tonight it found a new home. Knowing I didn't have intellectual, finanical or time resources this old chair was soon going to require, I gave it to a lady from my church. What's really neat is that she and I really hit it off from the very first meeting (she first came to look at it several weeks ago and I've been holding it while she found help to get it transported to her house). She said I could come over and sit on it any time I felt nostalgic :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi doll, I think your solution for "our" rocker was just right, as usual. I hope she enjoy's it as much as we did. As for the rug, just put any cost for sending it on my card, I will love to have it again. Thankyou so much. Rejoice in the day that the Lord has made. I pray that you are blessed in it! I send all my love.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home