.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Monday, August 15, 2005

"Perspective Shapers"

My cousin, Jeremy, and I were chatting tonight and I shared a thought-provoking quote with him. He shared another good one back and said these were good "perspective shapers." I liked that phrase and had the idea that I might periodically post some "Perspective Shapers" for your consideration.

This first quote is from Jeremy, though he claims no authorship - says he got it elsewhere. Nonetheless, I first heard it from him, so he's the one who gets the kudo's this time ;-)

"Life really has little to do with anything but perspective.
Your perspective in life shapes everything you do."

Following is the quote that started this whole new idea:

"The venerable dead ar waiting in my library
to entertain me and relieve me
from the nonsense of surviving mortals."
Samuel Davies, c1700's

And the quote Jeremy shared back:

"The graveyard is full
of indispensable men."
unknown

That's it for tonight. Stay tuned for more "Perspective Shapers" :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home