.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Catching up

Goodness! It's been a long time since I posted. That's largely because I've had so much going on at work that I've been bringing work home and doing that instead of the things I really want to do :-P

I'm going to keep this one brief and hopefully I'll get to do more tomorrow but I have worship team practice in 1/2 an hour and then I've got to do some grocery shopping and then, since we're having Game Night at my place tonight (serving Spaghetti!!), I get to clean my house!

One thing I did want to get posted is the Uganda update from the church my family attends. The full report can be heard at http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sermonID=7605232053. You have to register in order to listen to their sermons, but it's free.

My Grandpa Kenyon turned 80 this last week! I wish I could have gone for a visit, but that wasn't possible. We settled for a good long conversation instead - he is such a joy! And really, "joy" is the word that describes Grandpa best - his love for the Lord just bubbles up and over into everything and everyone he touches! He's an inspiration and encouragement to me. I called him to wish him Happy Birthday and came away feeling as if I was the one who'd received a gift :-) We need more people like him in this crusty old world!

My mom turns . . . well, better not say . . . she does read this blog! Anyway, her birthday is also happening so I get to give her a call. My mom is the best mom any girl could ever hope to have! She is my confidant, my counselor, and my friend. I LOVE YOU, MOM!! Life has certainly raked her over it's coals a few times but, like a crushed rose, the scent is all the more pleasant and lovely.

My brother and sister-in-law were hoping to come out for a visit in August, but that has had to be post-poned. That's both good and bad. Bad, of course, because I won't get to see them. Good because the reason they can't come is that they got to buy a house :-) The should be moving in today!! God is really gracious. 2 years ago Dan was jobless and courting a young lady via phone since she lived in another state. Today, he's in ministry working alongside Godly men, married to that wonderful, lovely young lady, raising his first son, and now he's moving into his own home!!! Just goes to show how God can bless when we patiently trust him through the dark times.

Well, gotta run - time for worship team practice.

I trust the Lord blesses you all this day!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh, yes it was! once again, you're FABULOUS!

;)

2:40 AM  
Blogger Eowyn7 said...

Thanks you two :-). Bonnie - got your blog added to my blog roll & did some "catch up" reading. WOW kiddo - I'll be keeping you in prayer a little more fervently. I'm so glad Dawson's better - he was SUCH a JOY to have over last night :-) And I still say, "I'll take TEN!" :-)

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home