.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Painting

They're painting the outside of our building. Logic would tell you to do that when normal people are at work, but whoever scheduled the work for today was not using any common sense whatsoever :-P

My windows are covered in plastic so the sun can't come in (something I cherish on Saturdays since I'm in-doors all week at work) and the fumes come in under the door, so I'm headachy and stuffy :-( On top of that, the machine they're using emits a high pitched, fairly consistent screech - ughhh!

On the plus side, I used some wonderful planning skills I learned at work and am now working my way through a productive morning :-) I had a lot of things running around in my head to get done and was able to focus them down to what is really important and then to lay out my day so it is actually doable :-) I haven't stuck to it 100% - getting sidetracked a little here and there by things I "want" to do rather than focusing on the things I "need" to do - but, for the most part, I am being pretty successful in meeting my goals thus far :-)

Speaking of which . . . time to get off this side-track and back to balancing my checkbook :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home