.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

The child inside

I don't know if men can relate to this or not, but sometimes the challenges in life can be so overwhelming that the strong external person we present to the world just disappears - and all you are left with is the vulnerable child inside that suddenly feels alone and unprotected. That about describes the day I had today - and the way I felt by the end of it. Small, alone, vulnerable. It was one of those times when you just want to curl up in daddy's lap and let him gently brush the hair from your face, taking the cares of the day along with it.

I feel sorry for those in the world who face these moments without the Lord. Human father's can fill the gap for them, if they are fortunate to have such a dad - but most, whether Christian or not, don't have that kind of relationship with their dad, or, as in my case, they live to far away. You'll notice that one word I did not put in the first paragraph was "fear." Through the trial today, the Holy Spirit faithfully and constantly reminded me that although I "felt" alone, I was and am not truly so. And, although I truly was vulnerable (on an emotional level), my Heavenly Father was there to protect me. And, although I could not run to my earthly father - or indeed anyone else - I could rest where I was in the arms of my Loving Lord. It was such a comfort. How people face the trials of life without the Lord is beyond my ability to understand. Indeed, God must grant some special graces to even those who reject him, that they should find strength to endure in those times.

I've had the pleasure of listening to Michael Card's "Brother to Brother" album quite a bit recently. Although there are a couple of lines in a couple of songs that I disagree with on a theological basis, for the most part it is simply a worshipful, beautiful album.

I wish I could share all of his music here - each song on that album has such beautiful imagery and calls my heart to worship so strongly. You can sample the album here. Lyrics from a couple of the songs I especially love follow:

The Final Word
"You and me we use, so many clumsy words - the noise of what we often say is not worth being heard. When the Father's wisdom wanted to communicate His love, He spoke it in one final perfect Word.

He spoke the incarnation, and so was born the Son!
His final Word was Jesus, He needed no other one.
Spoke flesh and blood so He could bleed and make a way divine
And so was born the baby who would die to make it mine.

And so the light became alive and manna became man. Eternity stepped into time so we could understand!

He spoke the incarnation, and so was born the Son!
His final Word was Jesus, He needed no other one.
Spoke flesh and blood so He could bleed and make a way divine
And so was born the baby who would die to make it mine.


And so was born the baby who would die to make it mine.

You and me, we use so many clumsy words. The noise of what we often say is not worth being heard. When the Father's wisdom wanted to communicate His love, He spoke it in one final perfect Word."

Advent Suite
This song is sung with a great sense of anticipation and excitement - it's one of those you can't help but smile to :-)
"Can you believe in the miracle coming!? Can you believe it will take you away!? There will be living where once there was death! There will be new life in Jesus!
Can you believe there is charity coming! The only law known that we come to obey! There will be living where once there was death! There will be living in Jesus!
Can you believe that the eagle will fly with the dove??? Can you believe there's a rose in the raised fisted glove???
Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!!
So, Hear O Israel - your Savior is born to a young virgin child. Hear O Israel, all of mankind can be born in Him. All of mankind can be born in Him!
....
And we'll walk on the water with Him!! Messiah come surely and we will begin - to walk on the water with Him!
And we will be with Him
As the Father is with Him
As the Spirit is with Him
Meekly, lowly you come, born to the world in a stable. Come to the shepherds, come to the poor - He is surely exalted as our King of Kings - surely exalted as our King of Kings!!
And He will show forth the strength of His arm, He will scatter the pround in their own conceit. He will cast down the kings from their thrones and lift up the meek and the lowly - lift up the meek and the lowly.
And we'll walk on the water with Him!! Messiah come surely and we will begin - to walk on the water with Him!

And we will be with Him
As the Father is with Him
As the Spirit is with Him
Oh - He has come!! Messiah has Come!!! Messiah has COME!!!
Can you believe there is charity coming! The only law known that we come to obey! There will be living where once there was death! There will be living in Jesus!"
Now THAT's something to rejoice about :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad, my darling, that you know where to go when you hurt. I love you with all my heart. My prayers are before the Lord for you. I Pray also for the time when I can hold you. I love you.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home