.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Kerry Tragedy

The last few days have seen me experiencing a lot of anger. Righteous anger, I believe, at the coarse, calloused, thoughtless and slanderous words of Senator John Kerry. But his stupid "joke" (yeah, like I buy that!) is not the worst of it.

Kerry "apologized" - or so they say. But his apology was just another slam. He's sorry that we, the American people, are so stupid that we "misinterpreted" his comments! Adding insult to injury. Now it's not just the US Military that Kerry insults, it's the American people as a whole.

But that's not the worst of it.

I think the greatest insult is that Bush and the rest of the polical leadership - democrat & republican alike - ACCEPTED Kerry's "apology"!!!! WHAT????? Mind you, I'm a staunch Republican and I've always supported Bush. However, in not demanding that Kerry take full responsibility for his error (and that's putting it *very* nicely), the leaders of our political system, including Bush, have given legitimacy to his presumption that we're all pretty stupid.

The job of my elected leader is to protect me - as an American citizen and as an individual. That these leaders would let this (enter choice word here) get away with such a lame excuse for an apology is outrageous and I'm more offended by their acceptance of Kerry's apology than I am by Kerry's initial foolish comments. How the rest of the world must view this - and me by default - is humiliating.

But then . . .

Maybe they realized, as I do, that this sorry excuse for an "apology" is about the best we'll ever get out of this sorry excuse for a "man". He's NEVER apologized for calling good men like my dad - a Vietnam Vet - baby killers and rapists and a number of other far more terrible things. He has no respect for anyone in our military. I'd be hard-pressed to believe he has respect for anyone. The man is arrogant, self-righteous and flat-out evil.

One question I have - and if anyone out there can answer me, I'd sure love to hear it - is why anybody in the military - past or present - or anyone with a friend or loved one in the military - past or present - would support this guy? Veterans came out to support him in pretty good numbers in the last presidential run. WHY??? He thinks you're stupid!! He thinks you're baby-killers and rapists!! Why on earth would you lend your support to a creature like him??

1 Comments:

Blogger Eowyn7 said...

My Daddy wrote the following in response to this post:

"I for one agree with you 100%. I heard about the slam second hand. If a man like him can go around saying what he wants to and then apoligize and everything is alright, he has another thing coming.
I think that everyone who reads this should send it to his or her Congressman and let the the government officials see what we really think.
I am a Vietnam Vet and am proud of my country. I joind the U.S. Air Force when I was very young. I spent a year on Okinawa and then went to Vietnam. I was 20 years old, being shot at and shooting people because it was the right thing to do. I was not selected (drafted) to go, I went voluntarily to serve my country.
I don't think of myself as stupid. I served my country and I have worked very hard all my life to make a better life for my wife and children.
Senator Kerry doesen't like Bush or his administration and that is his right under our legal system. However, when it comes down to me, I take his comments personal. My daughter said it right when she said "we are supposed to be taken care of by our government."
Our legal rights are being attacked every day. We are in danger of losing all of our rights as a United States Citizen.
I am not a writer or a businessman sitting at a desk every day. I have worked with my hands, back and brain all my life. I have been in the cold of Germany and Colorado and I have been in the warmth of Southern California. This is just one of the freedoms I have enjoyed all my life.

Senator Kerry, I have not done anything to you, so don"t talk about me like I am beneath you. Under our system of government, we are equal. DON'T PUT ME DOWN.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home