.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm Back :-)

Wow! More than 2 months since I've been here. Life has kept me running and I'm afraid Blogging hasn't been on the top of my "to do" list.

Anywho, sitting here on hold with Time Warner . . . 3rd time I've called about the same stupid, simple issue - just want to set up the VM that comes with my phone service . . . The first time I called they said they had to transfer my call to "level 3" - after an hour on hold for "level 3" (whateve the heck that is), I had to leave, so hung up. Second time I called (last night), after a good 45 min or so on hold, actually talked to a "level 3" tech. He said he was getting an error message he didn't understand and would have to talk to his supervisor to get this figured out and would then call me back. . . which he never did. So here I am yet again . . . on hold for the infamously impossible to get ahold of "level 3" . . . . ughh.

There's all kinds of news to catch up on, but I don't want this to be a book so, in brief:

My brother Dan & his family are happily settling in to ministry in Arizona - not really looking forward to the heat of the summer, but content that they are where God wants them for the time being :-)

Mom & Dad have been through some tough times lately. Dad has been out of work since August - seems nobody out there is smart enough to realize what a great asset he'd be to any company. Either that or the Lord has closed their eyes to his value in order to allow this time of testing. Either way, there's a lot of employers out there missing out on a good thing :-P. The financial challenges they're facing have really helped us all to see who really loves them - and it's been a blessing to see folks around them stepping up to the challenge and lending a hand when they can :-)

Since he's evidently got the down time decided for him, dad elected to have some long-overdue surgery on his feet. He had the first one done a week or so ago and the next one will be done when he's able to walk on the first. They elongated his achilles tendon (I think that's what it is anyway - the muscle on the bottom of the foot that gives you the nice "arch" - his was terrible) and broke his toes to re-structure them. He's had problems with his feet all his life - I really hope this does the trick for him.

Mom's started leading a Bible Study group again :-) This is a huge blessing to me - teaching the Word of God is what my mom does best and I'm so glad to see her back in the position of mentor.

They are both trying to decide whether to follow Dan to AZ or find a way to survive where they're at.

Their situation has driven me to start a new venture which I'll post about next :-) Aside from that, things are pretty status-quo. Discipling is on hold for a little bit - my "disciplee", Bonnie, is taking some college classes and will be preparing to move in the next month or so and my new venture needs some intense personal attention. We'll still hold each other accountable to daily stuffs (reading, prayer, etc.) but we won't be meeting regularly for a while.

That's it for the basic catch up - the really BIG news will come in the next post :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home