.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eowyn's Heart

The name of this blog is based on the character Eowyn from Lord of the Rings because I strongly identify with her on many levels. The purpose of this blog is to proclaim the glory of my Lord and King through His work in conforming me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus. In all things, I trust you will see His hand at work.

Monday, July 21, 2008

ministry, life, and other such stuff

It's been an interesting ride the last few months. With my brother leaving his position at the church we worked at - for very good reason, I should note - I'm now back in the familiar yet still undesirable position of being unsettled. Ughh. I long for roots - but God keeps re-planting me.

Some will say it's my own choice - and, yeah, that's true, but it's a choice to do what's right - or at least what I believe the Lord has called me to do. The move to AZ was a good one for me - I've grown a lot because of it and I have a MUCH clearer focus in regards to ministry. I've also begun to get my finances whipped back into shape. I know I don't "have" to move again - and I don't know that the Lord will require me to - I DO know that it is important to me to stay near my mom - wherever she is. The last 3 years apart were not good for her and I won't do that to her again unless the Lord requires it.

So - anyway, Limbo . . . not such a great place to be - and yet the best place. It is a constant reminder that the only constant, the only sure and settled and reliable thing in life is Christ. I need to be completely rooted and grounded in Him to survive this.

It hasn't been easy. But I know He has a purpose for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home